HOAC has a wide range of sailing dinghies, windsurf boards and rigs, kayaks and canoes that are available for hire. Before you can hire you must have a basic level of competency, guidelines given below.
|Sailing||=||RYA Level 2, RYA Youth Stage 2|
|Kayaking||=||BCU 1 Star|
|Windsurfing||=||RYA Level 1, Gold|
|Row Boat||=||10 metre swimming ability|
|Stand Up Paddle Boarding||=||10 metre swimming ability|
This is at the discretion of the Duty Officer and will depend on how busy the Centre is and weather conditions. If you’re unsure, it is advisable to call ahead and check before travelling.
Anyone hiring equipment must be either an annual or a day member. See prices and membership application below.
|Dinghy inc Funboat|
|Kayak – single|
|Kayak – double|
|SUP Boards *|
|Windsurf – board & rig|
|Kata Kanu **|
** Available to adults and family groups only
* Available to 11 years and over
* CE approved buoyancy aids with whistle are included in the hire price and must be worn at all times on the water, pontoons and surrounding areas.
» Annual membership application 2017– download, complete and return with payment.
- Young people under 14 must either be annual members or be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- A family is defined as Parent(s) and children UNDER 18, or in full-time education at the same address.
- ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEES ARE REDUCED BY 50% FROM 1st SEPTEMBER.
- All members and guests must sign in before going on the lake.
Please note clothing suitable to the activity and prevailing conditions must be worn. This includes footwear, which must be worn at all times both on and off the water.