The following is a summary of the Centre rules. The full rules and regulations are available on request from the Duty Officer.
- Water safety cover is provided. However, users (including juniors) are advised that they participate in the activities at their own risk.
- The Centre has third party liability insurance cover. Users may wish to take out out personal accident insurance prior to any activity.
- The Centre accepts no liability for the loss or damage to personal property, including money.
- All craft on the water must be insured for third party risks (minimum), have adequate buoyancy and keep at least 10 metres from the fishing banks.
- All water users must be able to swim 10 metres.
- An approved buoyancy aid with whistle must be worn at all times when on or near the water or on the pontoons.
- Blowing a whistle is the accepted call for assistance.
- Clothing suitable to the activity and prevailing conditions must be worn. This includes footwear, which must be worn at all times both on and off the water.
- Swimming is NOT allowed – unless under the direct supervision of a HOAC staff member.
- Users must notify the Duty Officer of the day of any relevant medical or physical condition that may affect their fitness to participate in the activity.
- Dogs are not encouraged and must be kept on a lead.
- Any person going on the water must either be an annual member or register as a day member with the Duty Officer. A responsible adult must supervise day members under 14.
- An annual membership card is issued in the name of the member who must be carry it at all times and present it upon request. This card is not transferable and if lost, a £6 replacement fee is required.
This is a way by which the government increases the income of charities. It allows the charity to enhance the money you have paid by reclaiming some of the income tax. It will not cost you any extra and if you are a higher rate taxpayer you can also reclaim tax yourself.
Your email address will only be used for the purposes of future promotional information.
Photographs taken by HOAC staff will only be used for HOAC publicity purposes, and will not be passed onto third parties.