Job Description – Casual Holiday Instructor 2018
Casual holiday instructors work 5 days monday – friday
- To work as part of a team in assisting with the overall delivery of the programme of activities at the Centre with specific responsibilities appropriate to experience and qualifications.
- To help set up equipment, instruct and lead groups as appropriate.
- To organise and lead various small projects and activities.
- To help run the Centre as a Safety Officer or Duty Officer as appropriate.
- To assist with grounds and equipment maintenance.
- To read the staff manual and adhere to the guidelines.
Requirements and particulars for the position
- To carry out a wide range of duties sometimes working unsocial hours when necessary.
- Leadership experience with young people and good communications skills.
- Relevant qualifications and experience.
- To use best endeavors to promote, develop and extend the centre’s interests and reputation and not do anything to its detriment.
- As an integral part of the staff team, a professional, committed and flexible approach to working hours is required.
- The post holder is expected to be flexible in fitting in with the centre’s requirements.
- To hold a valid first aid certificate (min: appointed persons/8hr)
- The post is 36 hours a week, Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm (5pm out of summer holidays)
- Salary scale for summer holiday instructors (per week) – based 0n 2017, 2018 may be slightly higher
|Basic without accommodation||Under 18’s||£180.00|
|18 – 20||£210.00|
|21 – 24||£242.50|