Job Description – Seasonal Instructor 2018
- This post offers the opportunity to gain a wide range of experience. It requires someone with initiative, the ability to work unsupervised and can take responsibility for and lead projects.
- To work as part of a team in assisting with the overall delivery of the programme of activities at the Centre with specific responsibilities appropriate to experience and qualifications.
- To help set up equipment, instruct and lead groups as appropriate.
- To organise and lead various small projects and activities.
- To help run the Centre as a Safety Officer or Duty Officer as appropriate.
- To assist with buildings, grounds and equipment maintenance.
- To read the staff manual and adhere to the guidelines.
Requirements and particulars for the position
- To carry out a wide range of duties sometimes working unsocial hours when necessary.
- Leadership experience with young people and good communications skills.
- Relevant qualifications and experience.
- To use best endeavors to promote, develop and extend the centre’s interests and reputation and not do anything to its detriment.
- As an integral part of the staff team, a professional, committed and flexible approach to working hours is required.
- The post holder is expected to be flexible in fitting in with the centre’s requirements.
Salary scale for seasonal instructors (per week) – based on 2017 rates (2018 will be slightly higher)
|Basic weekly pay living offsite||£306.00|
|Basic weekly pay living onsite||£267.50|
|BCU/UKCC L1 Paddlesports Coach||Add||£2.50|
|BCU/UKCC L2 Paddlesports Coach||Add||£2.50|
|RYA Dinghy Instructor||Add||£2.50|
|RYA Start Windsurfing Instructor||Add||£2.50|
|British Rowing Leader or Level 2 Coach||Add||£2.50|
|British/English Fencing Level 1 Coach||Add||£2.50|
|Attendance bonus (maximum)||Add||£10.00pw|
|Performance bonus (maximum)||Add||£10.00pw|
- Attendance bonus. Based on attendance upto £10.00 per ‘full week’ worked may be paid at the end of the contract.
- Performance bonus. Based on performance upto £10.00 per ‘full week’ worked may be paid at the end of the contract.
- Full Week. A week where you have worked all your shifts without being late or having time off for any purpose other than pre-authorised annual leave.