Job Description – Trainee Instructor 2018
- This post offers the opportunity to gain a wide range of experience. It requires someone with initiative, the ability to work unsupervised and can take responsibility for and lead projects.
- To work as part of the team to provide the best service to our customers.
- To maintain all centre equipment and develop new activities.
- To maintain the visual and hygienic amenity of the centre to a high level
- To clean the centre as and when required.
- To assist with buildings, ground and equipment maintenance.
- To assist with other duties as and when required.
- To hep set up equipment, instruct and lead groups when appropriate
- To read the staff manual and adhere to the guidelines
- To carry out a wide range of duties sometimes working unsocial hours when necessary.
- Leadership experience with young people and good communications skills.
- To use best endeavors to promote, develop and extend the centre’s interests and reputation and not do anything to its detriment.
- As an integral part of the staff team, a professional, committed and flexible approach to working hours is required.
- The post holder is expected to be flexible in fitting in with the centre’s requirements.
- Will aim to include the following courses during the season
- RYA Power boat Level 2 & RYA Safety Boat
- RYA L1 Windsurfing
- BCU 1* & 2* Kayak
- RYA Level 1&2 Sailing
* This list is not exhaustive and if the candidate shows drive and commitment to both work and personal skills training further courses may be available.
Salary scale for seasonal instructors (per week) based on 2017 wages – 2018 will be slightly higher
|Basic weekly pay living offsite||£306.00|
|Basic weekly pay living onsite||£267.50|
|BCU/UKCC L1 Paddlesports Coach||Add||£2.50|
|BCU/UKCC L2 Paddlesports Coach||Add||£2.50|
|RYA Dinghy Instructor||Add||£2.50|
|RYA Start Windsurfing Instructor||Add||£2.50|
|British Rowing Leader or Level 2 Coach||Add||£2.50|
|British/English Fencing Level 1 Coach||Add||£2.50|
|Attendance bonus (maximum)||Add||£10.00pw|
|Performance bonus (maximum)||Add||£10.00pw|
- Attendance bonus. Based on attendance up to £10.00 per ‘full week’ worked may be paid at the end of the contract
- Performance bonus. Based on performance up to £10.00 per ‘full week’ worked may be paid at the end of the contract.
- Full week. A week where you have worked all your shifts without being late or having time off for any purpose other than pre-authorised leave.